Friday, April 3, 2015

....and We're Off!

As I write this, we are barreling down the road somewhere along the Ohio turnpike. Marco's about 3 hours into driving. Sophie's watching Harry Potter. Niccolo's playing Geometry Dash. Carlo's ranting about politics on Facebook. Anna's just sitting there watching the scenery. Pretty much as if we were back in Lathrup Village, sitting in our living room. So smooth sailing for now! But I promise it didn't start out that way.

Overheard by various parties in the past 12 hours:

"I hate this vacation. I really do. I hate this vacation."

"I'm just exhausted, Marco."

"I don't know why it's taking you so long to pack."

"We don't have any flashlights! We need flashlights! I'm not leaving without flashlights!"

"Fine. We're just turning around and staying at home, then."

"Are you telling  me we  have no heat or electricity in the RV for this whole trip?"

Yeah. So a rocky start, but we are now, as I say, happily barreling down the expressway. The sun is actually shining, despite the forecast of rain, and we do have heat in the camper, if not electric. However, some extension cords and invertors picked up at Rite Aid this morning are solving that problem, although the dash area now looks like this:
















So while there have been tears (I've already cried twice) and meltdowns (it wasn't pretty in the driveway this morning), I can actually say I'm enjoying this for the moment.

Who knew?

No comments: