Sunday, March 27, 2016

China: The Next Frontier.

....and I thought getting ready for an RV trip was rough.

The fact is, we are leaving for Spring Break in China in 3 days. (Oh---you didn't know that China was the hot new Spring Break destination?? Well it is.) And this time, I'm not running around like a crazy person worrying about whether I packed enough socks...I'm kind of freaking about about the loss of internet capability I expect to find in China.

In fact, this may be the only post that any of you ever read. Why? Apparently, the following sites are all blocked over there:

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress.com, Blogspot, Blogger, Flickr, SoundCloud, Google+, Google Hangouts, Google Play, Google, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Reuters, LeMonde, L’Equipe, Netflix, Youtube, Vimeo, Google News, Daily Motion, Wikipedia, Google Drive, Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, Dropbox

Plus about 3,000 more.

Basically, the whole internet. I'm freaking out.

So I'm frantically downloading various VPNs to try to access anything while I'm there.

Wish me luck. If you don't hear from me, I'm not dead.

I'm just offline.

No comments: