Monday, March 30, 2015

The Next Big Adventure...

When last I wrote, it was 2013. I suppose that would lead one to believe that I've had no cool experiences in the last 2 years...but that's not really true. I've racked up some new countries on my list: Curacao, Greece, Dominican Republic....I've re-visited others, like Scotland, Italy and France. But can I consider any of those real adventures?

The answer is no, I can't. For the most part, I've been playing my normal role to perfection: 5-star resorts, safe destinations, basic health and hygiene. Now some might argue with me. My parents might say that our house rental in the Dominican Republic with our armed guard, cockroach infestation and rabid beach dogs was an adventure...but I'm not sure. We still had a stable roof over our heads and maid service. I can't really consider that adventurous. There was no chance for a basic lack of electricity and water, for instance. No chance of walking half a mile to the shower. No chance of sleeping in a Walmart parking lot. In short:

NO RECREATIONAL VEHICLE!!!

That's right. In T-4 days, I embark on my greatest adventure to date: An RV camping trip with my husband, children, and Italian in-laws.

May some God have mercy on my soul.

If you care to witness my demise over the following couple of weeks, feel free to follow this blog! I'll be posting the highlights.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wherefore art thou headed?

Girlinitaly said...

An American history circle, through Gettysburg, PA, then to Williamsburg, VA....Charleston, SC, Cherokee, NC and Lexington, KY.