Monday, April 22, 2013

It's the Little Things Part Deux

I just have this sense often in India of being taken care of. It sort of reduces me to feeling like a child again, or a teenager...I feel like I did when I went to study abroad in Italy in high school. I like that feeling. It's very nurturing. I can juxtapose this "taken care of" feeling with another feeling of imminent danger...but more often, it's being taken care of.

This hotel is a good example. They are just wicked nice.
How do they show this?
The little things.

I arrived in my room tonight to this little display and note:
 
















Can you read that? They want me to relax my mind. They want me to eat their nice, wet almonds and feel good. Now that's care-taking.

They like to soak things, by the way. I find fresh rose petals in my bathroom each day:

















But I'm not quite sure what to do with them. Do I use the rose-scented water?
Do you dip your fingers in it? Drink it? Splash it on your face? Rub the petals all over your body?
I'm not really certain, so they just remain there...looking pretty.

I will miss these little touches. I'm not sure if my husband is going to leave me rose-soaked
almonds on my bedside table in the mornings, but I could be wrong.

No comments: