Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Snacks!

Snacks in the Gurgaon office micro-kitchen            

One thing I love anywhere I travel is local junk food. Packaged goodies. Chips and cookies. Candy bars and gum. Anything that is pre-packaged and contains plenty of mono unsaturated whatever-you-call-ems. When I walked into the Gurgaon office's micro-kitchen (that's Google speak for snack bar), I found the holy grail of local junk food. LJF, if you will.

I haven't even known where to begin in my exploration of all of this caloric goodness...but I definitely went for the items with the coolest names, like "Nut-Cracker" and "Tiger Krunch." What is a nut-cracker, you might ask? Well--turns out, it is just that. They are peanuts with a cracker coating. Nut. Cracker. Cracker. Nut. And then they were covered in all sorts of spicy goodness like paprika, cardamom, cinnamon, chili powder...the ingredient list went on and on.
They also have variations on treats we have in the U.S.--like strawberry-flavored Juicy Fruit gum and Lime flavored orbit gum. Who knows what tomorrow will bring for me when Snack Attack hits me at the office. Could it be the masala-flavored potato chips? Or the Good Day cashew cookies? Tune in next time to find out.
 


No comments: